Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Welcome Harley

After many discussions between Daniel and I about getting a puppy, we finally decided now would be a good time to start a ‘family’.

While Daniel was out of town for work, I found the cutest most perfect puppy (in my opinion, of course) We always said if we get a puppy one day, it has to be a girl. Well of course that all changed once I saw this little boy. I sent Daniel a picture to show him how adorable he was and told him he was the last in his litter and that other families were going to see him. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I read his text back saying ‘Go and see him and if you still really like him, bring him home.’ I was smiling ear to ear! Before going to possibly pick him up, I wanted to have the house ready for a puppy to arrive. Saturday morning could not come quick enough. I was so excited the night before that I woke up at 6:00am bright eyed and bushy tailed. Since Daniel was away, I of course wanted to have someone with me so I asked my mom to come for a ride. As soon as I saw him, I instantly fell in love. I sent Daniel a picture of him in the car and said ‘We have a puppy!!!!’ We went back and forth over a name. Most of the names I picked, Daniel didn’t like and vice versa. Except for…Harley. I was sold on the name but Daniel was still on the fence about it. I still think that Daniel didn’t want to agree on the name until he actually saw him. Daniel came home on Monday morning around 2:00am, we were sitting on the floor with him when we decided Harley fit perfectly. It was a very cute moment that I won’t forget.

Harley was 8 weeks old when we brought him home. He is a Chocolate Lab, Golden Retriever, German Shepherd mix. He has such a great temperament, even on the first day of bringing him home he only cried a little when I had to leave him a lone for a short period. Putting him to bed was a breeze as well on the first night.

I am so happy we decided to get a puppy. I can’t wait to see what challenges and memories this little (for now) guy brings. I will keep updating as our Harley adventures continue.

Rachel xo

No comments:

Post a Comment